Blog Archive

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Flowy Sleevy Shirt

This breezy shirt is perfect for summer, and gives excitement to your wardrobe. Get ready for a tutorial!
I made this shirt in a day and it was SO easy! It's made out of knit I bought while visiting in MN. I totally love the style and it's super comfy. You'll love it! Ready?

I used THIS T-shirt pattern off my sister's blog, for everything but the sleeves. That's what this post is for.

Okay so once you've made yourself a fancy t-shirt minus the sleeves, measure from the top of your shoulder to whatever length you want the sleeves to be.(I went about halfway between my elbow and the top of my shoulder) This will be the radius of your circle sleeve.
Now take you a piece of string and tie it to the tip of a pen or pencil. You can use a fabric pencil too, I guess, if you really want to. Using the same measurement you just took, cut the string, with a little extra for seam allowance, I would say, a fourth to a half inch.
Press the end of your string onto your fabric and do the circle thing shown above. You've all done this before right?
Once you have your circle, cut it out and fold it in half. Cut the fold so you have two half circles. To sew them on to your shirt, fold your semi circle in half again so you have a fourth of a circle. Starting where it is folded you will sew on the shoulder seam of your shirt. Sew the purple dotted lines together shown above. If you have excess fabric at the armpit, that's okay just so the two sides together. Okay! Now just hem it by folding it under a couple times. I sewed it twice around to give it a more professional look. Wow!! We're done! Hope you enjoyed! If you have any questions, just ask! Good luck!

(Bytheway, for the bottom hem of my shirt I just let the
fabric roll like it naturally did, I didn't sew it)

6 comments:

  1. I've seen that fabric somewhere before, I've seen those pretty lips and face, somewhere before, somehow I can't be certain but it seems, that's the hottest modest shirt that has ever been!

    Wow LJ! Its gorgeous! You are gorgeous! It the perfect amount of flattering but not a bit too tight or low, and so styl'n! What a great example you are~! AND....look how techno savvy you are, awesome blog, and AWESOME instructions, girl you spin me right round baby right round!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so cute, and soo awesome! You seriously blow me away with your skills. You have done so many amazing things already. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I'm going to try one TODAY! (After I get back from the sale at the fabric store!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to give credit to my sister Emily, Thanks for the fabric, and support!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beeyouuuuteeeefulllllll! That's you AND the shirt!

    ReplyDelete