Blog Archive

Friday, September 9, 2011

Okay, so first you start out with a seven inch zipper.
 (That's just what fits me, but I think that's the smallest so...) 
 Okay so very first you you sew up the end of it. Make sure you sew up the side without the zipper puller thingy. (is there a name for that?)
Case you didn't notice this picture is blurry. But you it just shows what I sewed.

                          Then you sew the very end of the other side. (make sure it's nice and strong)
 Okay now for the fun part. So because the only seven inch zipper I had was brown, I painted it camo. I did the outline with a wet white colored pencil, it's pretty forgiving which makes it easy when you mess up. :)
                                           Then I painted it. It's just acrylic paint, nothin' fancy.
                                          So now you sew your button on. You do this by wrapping it around your wrist (pretty side facing in) and then marking where you want the button with your pencil. ( I didn't do that, but I just thought of it..:)...)
                                               Yeah....like that...That's where you'll sew it.
                                    Sew it on! Your button can be as big as you want it, no worries!
                         VIOLA!!  Attach it, and zip it up! You could trip the edges so they're not jagged, but                                                                                           personally I think it adds to its amazingness!
                                            Have fun ZIPPING!! I do 24/7!!
 Of course you can decorate it SO many different ways. I want to make a whole bunch, Me and my cousin made one, it was blue with polka dots....Maybe I'll get a picture from her....anyway!

2 comments: