Blog Archive

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Argentinian Handbag

I copied this bag off of one my sister got my sister while in Argentina. I used it more than she did, and it wore out. It was already pretty flimsy and wasn't really adequate for what I was using it for. So I studied it and decided I would make my own! What do you think?

I crocheted it with a white cotton yarn. I was just going to reline the first bag, with maybe another color, but since it was my sister's I thought what the heck! And remade my own. I stuck with the pink because I think it looks perfectly dainty, and just cute!

This is the old one. When I look at it in this picture I can hardly see a difference between the two, but my version is a great deal sturdier and I used like a cotton fabric instead of that chiffon stuff. I gave mine a stronger handle as well, and I'm surprised how sturdy it ended up.
Mine again.
I asked my sister (the owner of the original bag) to make me one of her famous little peoples. So she did, and I think it's really cute. It matches really nicely, and gives some excitement it would otherwise lack.
My favorite is the little flower one top of her head!
Now my sister says I need to doctor up the one I well.....trashed. Yay!


~PARTY!~

1 comment: